Add Problem View to Export and Import
Status: Design/Req'ts complete, Estimate 18 days
As a researcher, I want to export a dataset sample with problem view and problem start time values so that I can analyze the problem information on a transactional level. Previously problem view information was only available in the student step rollup export.
Import (tab delim): As a researcher I would like to include problem view and problem start time information within my tab delimited transaction file for dataset import. Likewise, when creating a new dataset out of a sample of an existing dataset, I would like the problem view and problem start time data to be preserved. Currently data is lost for Carnegie Learning munged datasets during a transaction export.
- The aggregator already creates the problem view data contained in the step_rollup table.
- The student problem rollup already produces problem_start_time values.
- Some Carnegie Learning datasets come with problem_event data and exporting would lose any of that information. DS680: (Exporting and Importing some datasets causes a loss of data on CL datasets.)
- Voted for feature prioritization at 04/21/2011 team meeting.
Import (tab delim):
- Infrastructure for storing problem event data already exists for CL datasets.
- DS680: (Exporting and Importing some datasets causes a loss of data on CL datasets.)
- Maintains export compatibility with DS1285: (Feature: Add Problem View and Problem Start Time columns to Tx Export).
- FFI was just released with version 5.0 of DataShop. We should still be familiar with the implementation to make this change swiftly.