Geometry LearnLab course description
The Geometry LearnLab course is described here.
Algebra & Geometry LearnLab Course Committee
The Math Course Committee meets monthly and is led by Albert Corbett (email@example.com).
Teachers (and perhaps researchers) can find answers to questions on the FAQ for teachers.
Geometry Learnlab Studies
- Contiguous Representations for Robust Learning (Aleven & Butcher)
- Mapping Visual and Verbal Information: Integrated Hints in Geometry (Aleven & Butcher)
- Visual Feature Focus in Geometry: Instructional Support for Visual Coordination During Learning (Butcher & Aleven)
- Using Elaborated Explanations to Support Geometry Learning (Aleven & Butcher)
- Hints during tutored problem solving – the effect of fewer hint levels with greater conceptual content (Aleven & Roll)
- Does learning from worked-out examples improve tutored problem solving? (Renkl, Aleven & Salden)
- Tutoring a meta-cognitive skill: Help-seeking (Roll, Aleven & McLaren)
- What is difficult about composite problems? (Kao, Roll)
- Using learning curves to optimize problem assignment (Cen & Koedinger)
These studies are also organized within research clusters that address common issues across a variety of academic content domains: Coordinative Learning, Interactive Communication, and Refinement and Fluency.