DataShopa data repository and analysis service for the learning science community
The PSLC DataShop provides two main services to the learning science community:
- a central repository to secure and store research data; and
- a set of analysis and reporting tools
Data collection and retrieval is a three-step process:
- raw data logs are collected either in real-time or after the study;
- data are extracted, anonymized, and stored in an analysis database; and
- reports and queries are rendered via the web upon request.
Researchers can rapidly access standard reports such as learning curves, as well as browse data using the interactive web application. To support other analyses, the DataShop can export data to a variety of formats that can then be used in statistical software and other analysis packages.