Summer School Application
2016 Application Process Open
Instructions: Please complete the following form. There is space at the bottom to attach your curriculum vitae and to apply for a scholarship for full time graduate students,
Appendix A - Data Mining using LearnLab"s Data Shop and Tag Helper
The following are relevant references for data mining in data sets of educational interactions. Some involve the use of machine learning or advanced statistics.
- Learning Curve Analyses Cen, H., Koedinger, K. R., & Junker, B. (to appear). Learning Factors Analysis - A general method of cognitive model evaluation and improvement. To appear in Proceedings of Intelligent Tutoring Systems, 2006. Corbett A.T., Anderson, J.R., O"Brien A.T. (1993) Student Modelling in the ACT Programming Tutor, Cognitively Diagnostic Assessment, Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum Draney, K., Pirolli, P., & Wilson, M. (1995). A Measurement Model for a Complex Cognitive Skill. Cognitively Diagnostic Assessment. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Publishers Martin, B., Mitrovic, T., Mathan, S., & Koedinger, K.R. (2005). On Using Learning Curves to Evaluate ITS. Automatic and Semi-Automatic Skill Coding With a View Towards Supporting On-Line Assessment. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED2005). Amsterdam, IOS Press.
- Analyses of learning strategies Aleven, V., & Koedinger, K.R. (2000). Limitations of student control: Do students know when they need help? In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems, ITS 2000, edited by G. Gauthier, C. Frasson, and K. VanLehn, 292-303. Berlin: Springer Verlag. [Best paper.] Baker, R.S., Corbett, A., Koedinger, K. R., Roll, I. (2005). Detecting when students game the system, across tutor subjects and classroom cohorts. Proceedings of User Modeling 2005, 220-224. Roll, R., Baker, R., Aleven, V., McLaren, B., Koedinger, K. R. (2005). Modeling students' metacognitive errors in two intelligent tutoring systems. Proceedings of User Modeling 2005, 367-376.
- Error & Strategy Analyses Feng, M., Heffernan, N. T., & Koedinger, K. R. (2005). Looking for Sources of Error in Predicting Student"s Knowledge. In Proceedings of AAAI'05 workshop on Educational Data Mining. Koedinger, K. R. & Mathan, S. (2004). Distinguishing qualitatively different kinds of learning using log files and learning curves. In the Working Notes of the ITS2004 Workshop on Analyzing Student-Tutor Interaction Logs to Improve Educational Outcomes. Mark, M. A., & Koedinger, K. R. (1999). Strategic support of algebraic expression writing. In Kay, J. (Ed.) Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on User Modeling, (pp. 149-158). SpringerWein, New York.
- Semi-Automated Coding Verbal Data Donmez, P., Rose, C. P., Stegmann, K., Weinberger, A., & Fischer, F. (2005). Supporting CSCL with Automatic Corpus Analysis Technology. To appear in the Proceedings of Computer Supported Collaborative Learning. Rose, C., P., Cohen, W., Donmez, P., Knight, A., Gweon, G., Heffernan, N., Junker, B. & Koedinger, K.R. (2005). Automatic and semi-automatic skill coding with a view towards supporting on-line assessment. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED2005). Amsterdam, IOS Press.
- Mining On-line Course Data Scheines, R., Leinhardt, G., Smith, J., and Cho, K. (2005) Replacing lecture with web-based course materials. Journal of Eduational Computing Research, 32, 1, 1-26.